Welcome to UR 2020 virtual conference
We are delighted to welcome you to UR 2020, the first ever virtual conference in the UR history.
The UR 2020 conference program is available at:
The conference will run in Japan Standard Time via Zoom.
Please read the following instructions to join the conference remotely.
[Step 1] The conference rooms are ready and will open at 08:40 AM during the conference period. Please sign up for zoom and register your account in advance. The conference program is available for registered attendees only. You will be asked to respond to several questions during the registration. Since UR 2020 has two technical tracks, please register in both Rooms.
- * Room A: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_oj_PA6AuQTSimOjHrGm9UQ
- * Room B: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_AdiWWszKSaSNCmYS88zctg
[Step 2] If your registered information is correct then you will receive an invitation e-mail sent to the registered e-mail address within several days after the registration date. Since there are two technical tracks, two separate e-mails will be sent to you.
[Step 3] Please check the following guidelines for presenters, audiences, and session chairs.
- For Presenters
- The presenter should enter a conference room at least 10 minutes before the session starts and change their account name to “session code /name” (e.g., TuAT1.1 / First Name Initial. Last Name) in order to confirm online presence. Presenters can check the session code from the UR 2020 conference program.
- When the session starts, the narrated recorded videos will be played according to the program schedule. Presenters’ role will be changed to a panelist when the 2 minute live Q&A starts once your recorded video presentation ends. For those who opted for a live presentation, their role will be set to a panelist from the beginning.
- For Audiences
- Audiences are invited to take part in Q&A by leaving messages. The session chair then picks and asks some questions to the presenter instead of the questioner.
- For Session Chairs
- The session chair should enter the conference room at least 10 minutes before the session starts and confirm presenters’ attendance.
- When the session chair starts a session, the narrated recorded videos will be played by a staff according to the program schedule.
- Each presentation in a session is set to the “mute and no video” mode by default, but the staff will change it to the “unmute and video” mode for the 2 minute live Q&A after the recorded presentation ends. For those who opted for a live presentation, their presentations are set to the unmute and video mode from the beginning.
- Audiences are invited to take part in Q&A by leaving a message. The session chair can pick and ask some of them to the presenter instead of questioners. Note that audiences are set to the “mute and no video” mode.
We have made asynchronous communication channels for each regular paper at https://ur2020.slack.com/. We strongly encourage all authors/presenters to join the channel and communicate with audience whenever available. The UR 2020 slack and the paper channels will remain active during and after the UR 2020.